Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pumpkin Waffles with Spiced Whipped Cream...and J Pear Mimosas


Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Spiced Whipped Cream



J Pear Mimosas

















Started Thanksgiving off with a bang...after all, need to be well fortified for all that cooking :) Got the idea for the waffles from the amazing Pumpkin Pancakes at In a Pickle...basically, I used pureed pumpkin instead of water in standard waffles. (Same way I make Eggnog Waffles...that post will be next month :) ) Made the Spiced Whipped Cream I created for the Maple Pumpkin Sundaes...OMG, perfect perfect perfect ! My sister was kind enough to do up some great applewood smoked bacon she got...mmm yum.

The Mimosas are straight off the J Pear website...I know I've been talking about this a lot, but this stuff really is amazing. The first time we made a pitcher of these, we looked at each other and said "uh oh"...yes, that good :)

J Pear Mimosa

3 oz. champagne
1 ½ oz. J Pear Liqueur
1 oz. Tangerine Juice (or OJ. Tangerine is better, but we used OJ today and it was just fine..)

What a way to start off !!

No comments:

Post a Comment